I read 50 books this year–20 more than last year. Go me!
26 non-fiction/52% (18 last year/-8% last year)
24 fiction/48% (12 last year/+8% from last year)
1 audio/2% (6 last year/-18% from last year)
11 digital/22% (22 last year/-51%)
38 paper/76% (8 last year/+49% change)
Biggest surprise: How much paper I read this year! And I got way back into comics. Looking at everything I read this year I pretty much liked everything–read a lot of great things. Once again, a longer commute (and more comic books) have helped me out with more books read.
Biggest letdown: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- Chew: A great comic which has everything I love: gritty police drama, food politics, weird supernatural aspects, humor. Great.
- Ready Player One: I knew it would be great and it still exceeded my expectations.
- Escape From Camp 14: I read a lot of things about North Korea and this was the most heart wrenching.
Most Overrated: Bone. Who likes this?
Books I could not finish this year:
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: Holy man, what’s going on in this book?
- Moonwalking with Einstein: I couldn’t get over the attitude of the writer. Seriously I was listening to the audiobook in Turkey when no one spoke English and I STILL had to stop listening.
I most recommend: Chew, Ready Player One, Team Rodent.
Book tech: I still love my ereader. I have noticed ebook formatting becoming more important. Still can’t get into comics on e-devices.
Book Wish(es) for 2k12: I’m getting rid of this because it’s the same every year.