got this from Grace
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Went to New York. And moved there. Visited the south, canada, and california.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My friends Rodney and Heidi.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
An ability to squelch my procrastination tendencies.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well, Sept. 11 was my first day of work.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding a new job I love and moving somewhere new by myself.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Ceasing working out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mmmm no, other than colds.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My MacBook? A new bed.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my friends in Champaign who sent me off well.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The woman who microwaved her baby. Come on now, that’s above and beyond just killing a baby.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving, food, booze, RENT.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Leaving IL. Seeing several bands I had wanted to see for a long time. Seeing old friends as they came through town.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“Coming to Your City” by Big and Rich, Morrissey “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now.”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Things I put off. Hanging out with my friends. Cooking.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my dad’s girlfriend’s family, I think.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
22. How many one-night stands?
I don’t know? Umm it depends on your definition.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Gilmore Girls, Lost
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I dislike people who liked last year.
25. What was the best book you read?
I dunno….we still have a few weeks.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
mmmm Iron Horse? I don’t think about this by year…I finally began liking Andrew WK.
27. What did you want and get?
A new job.
28. What did you want and not get?
A lot more money, more vacation, my ipod to actually work.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
No idea….The Jonestown documentary and Jesus Camp were great.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27. I had dinner in Austin with friends, flew to Chicago, had lunch with the family, and took the train home and had more dinner with Champaign friends. 2 Indian dinners in one day!
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Time management? A different gig.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Um, “If it’s black it’s pretty much professionally appropriate, right?”
33. What kept you sane?
Time in bed. Drinking with friends and singing loudly to jukeboxes. Books and audiobooks.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hmm…the reign of the two party system?
36. Who did you miss?
All my Reed friends when I lived in IL. My Champaign friends in NYC. My friend Kurt this evening when I watched a documentary with him in it.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably my new roommate and his sibling + his gf.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006
If you quit whining, and just do something to change a bad situation, it will work.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Hmm that’s hard. This year has been a few distinctly different times.
EDITED TO ADD
I thought of a song! Future Bible Heroes’ “I’m Lonely and I Love It.”
“I’m as lonely as Narcissus gazing in his mirrored pond
wearing all the clothes you hate
and going back to blond
staying up all hours in my deedy demimonde
if you have something to tell me
please don’t correspond
because I’m lonely
I’m lonely and I love it
if only I’d dreamed of it
I’d have broken up with you so long ago
you wouldn’t even know
I’m as lonely as an emperor upon a golden throne
going off my diet with a double chocolate cone
shouting from the rooftops and through every telephone
all the time I’ve been with you
I wish I’d been alone
because I’m lonely as Mount Everest
and probably as high
it’s time to buy all the records
you would never let me buy
it’s time to try the million things you never let me try
I can almost laugh
at all the times you made me cry
because I’m lonely and I love it “