My ALA schedule will be available, and frequently changing, here:
I will be staying in the NMRT Renaissance Pere hotel from the 21-27. Please call (at the hotel or the cell) or email if in town. Other than many ALA happenings, and seeing long lost library friends, I would like to:
- eat nutria (harder than one might think).
- eat seafood like a woman who lives in a landlocked state.
- tour a cemetery (not sure which company to do this with, or if this is totally safe yet).
- cocktail tour (drink the historical cocktails of NOLA)
- visit Harry Anderson’s sideshow shop and bar.
- see some voodooy things, possibly the museum
- take a cooking class
- see Rasputina.
hit on Anderson Cooper
- see some glassblowing
- drink Abita beer
- general walking around and such
I don’t think I will get all of these things accomplished, especially as my ALA calendar fills up, but I am hoping to do some of it. If you have suggestions, or you’ll be there and want to do any of this, let me know. I am all for killing two birds with one stone, and since there are no open container laws, drinking Abita beer and looking at cemeteries, for example, could go hand in hand!